Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Passing of a Hero


Pam at http://journals.aol.co.uk/his1desire/JustOneGirlsHeadNoiseUK/ was one of the first journals I followed. Pam had lung cancer and journaled 287 days of living with cancer. She passed on Easter Sunday, her suffering is now over. She taught me what having cancer and it's treatment felt like in a detailed daily journal. Cancer is so much more to me because of Pam, she shared it all. She fought every step of the way with whit, humor and strength. She was a single mom with a 15 yr old daughter and a son in college. She was a true hero to me and I thank her for sharing her soul. God is smiling because he has yet another angel in heaven. My prayers are for all who loved her! You will be missed! Please visit this journal, I promise she will make you smile.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people truly amaze me with their grace under conditions that are unimaginably horrible. I was lucky enough to be married to one such person.

Globetrotter said...

Oh Tammy... I feel so happy for Pam that she is finally with Jesus!

I have no idea how she endured so much and stayed so strong throughout, except that it was through Him.

I hope and pray that her young children will be okay without that very special mother of theirs.

Thank-you for sharing.
Maryanne

Bedazzzled1 said...

I spent some time today going back through quite a few of Pam's earlier entries. Pre-cancer ones and post-diagnosis ones. I honestly think her sense of humor was able to keep her afloat during times most of us would have drowned.

Knowing death was nearing, I am happy she began her "new life" on Easter Sunday. It seems appropriate.

Nikki

Chris said...

Great tribute to a wonderful person, mother, and friend.

Chris
My Blog

emmapeelDallas said...

That's a beautiful tribute.

Judi

TJ said...

She had dignity and courage.
I think her passing has left us all with a silence for remembering her...Love to you my friend.
TJ

Tabor said...

So sorry for the loss of your blog friend. The blog world must have been a real comfort to her throughout this journey.

V said...

I`m praying her family publishes her words, when the pain lessens.
A wonderful, courageous person.
V

Christina K Brown said...

this is a wonderful tribute Tammy....xxoo