Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Trip and a Flu Alert!

Baby makes five!

I can't type much about our wonderful trip because I'm still trying to recover from this nasty flu. I heard it was hitting hard in our area but mixed with my ALS it has sucker punched me. I probably caught it on the flight home as it went straight to my chest by Tuesday night. I'm weak as a baby and need more rest but I also need to swallow this goose in my chest! My cat is freaking out!


The worst part of my week was I missed a long awaited visit from Bonnie at http://yakattack.typepad.com/yak_attack/. She was ready to drive from the SFO airport to see me but I was sick and that day it even had the nerve to snow...argh! I would have worn a mask and stayed across the room but I would not put her at risk in the snow in a rental car. This is an amazing woman who normally resides in China helping give medical care to Tibetan villages. She leaves for China in June and will try and get back here before she leaves. I'm praying hard on this one!


To top off my week I have had no email service so if you have not heard from me you will (if it didn't eat them) once Wildblue pops their head's out of their butts! Yes, I'm a bit testy and sick of being SICK!

Baby Warrick with mama.



He was so tiny and handsome.



Grandpa and I hung outside with the older boys as they had to show us every toy and athletic ability. I had to take the scooter away from grandpa. ;) You miss so much when they live so far.




19 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Tammy, I'm so glad to see you back again, and so sorry you've had this awful flu--it's a bad one, isn't it? I've been better for a couple of weeks, but the cough really hangs on and on.... I was happy to see these pictures of you and Dave and the boys! They are all very handsome, and you are very beautiful!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Oh, and the new pictures on your sidebar of the house are terrific! What a pretty place.

Get better fast.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, hope you are feeling better soon. And lovely photos!

daisies said...

he is so beautiful ...

sending you warm thoughts, hope you feel better soon, xo

emmapeelDallas said...

Welcome back, girlfriend! You've been missed! I hope you're over that awful flu soon. What beautiful little boys.

Judi

Nancy said...

Oh Tamela,
I am going to be calling you later today. If it's too hard for you to talk, that's ok. Just know I'm thinking of you, praying for you to feel better, and missing the hell outta ya!
Those pics are beyond precious...

Love you,
Nancy

Lippy said...

I'm so sorry that a joyful time like that had to be finished with a nasty flu. So much good stuff to read about! Congrats on the new addition!

I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

paris parfait said...

All those boys are beautiful! So sorry you're ill and missed the chance to see Bonnie; hopefully something will work out to see her. Miss you! Take care of YOU! xoxox

kate said...

I'm hoping that the flu is all gone and that you're feeling better. The pictures are beautiful!

Get your strength back!

Becca said...

Tammy, I hope you're better. My son is sick this week too. This year's flu season is just awful!

Loved seeing all those gorgeous grandsons of yours (oh, how I want one of my own!!!)

Take care - I miss you :)

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Tammy. So happy to see that you are here and hopefully still on the mend from the flu seige. Baby Warrick is adorable. See you on the 15th. Annie

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you guys and miss you terribly. The kids love their grandma and grandpa so much, can't wait to see you again soon!

UL said...

oh I do hope you feel better, Tammy. Take care of yourself, hope you feel better. Warrick is adorable...

TJ said...

Get well my friend, it sucks to be sick. You have had a trying month or two. Spring is near...hear a bird and her song?
Shhh there she is!
Laughing...love TJ

Chris said...

Flu bug? Oh great....now I'll get one of those computer viruses I keep hearing about ;)

Great pics! Smiles all around!!

paris parfait said...

Tammy, I answered your email Friday and it bounced back - even though my email was via the "reply" function to yours. Is there another email address you're using now? Hope you're feeling much better this weekend. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Tammy it's so good to see you back, but I am so sorry to hear you've got this yucky flu - we're just finally getting over it. Take good care of you and drink lots of fluids and all that good stuff. Sending you many heartfelt prayers to get better soon!!!!
XOXO
p.s. So sorry you weren't able to connect up with Bonnie - but probably just as well, the way things were going, with flu and snow - but what cute photos of you and those adorable grandchildren - that new little one is so sweet!
So glad you got to see them~xox

JP (mom) said...

Dear Tammy,

I hope that you feel better soon. What a lovely new addition to your precious family. Sending you healing love and peace.

xx,
JP/deb

Amber said...

You look beautiful!

:)