Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Round Robin Photo Challenge


SUBJECT: "NEW LIFE"

This is my 1st grandchild "TK" or Tuni Kitkawu (Mi-Wuk for Young blood). I was told I would not live to see my children graduate high school. The ALS( Lou Gehrig's) is progressive and has no cure, yet I'm still here. I saw them graduate, I married my dream guy and now there is my TK. I cannot lift him, feed him or change him, but I'm his grandma. I can love him, kiss him and still talk to him. I have been given a "new life." TK is a gift that keeps me a warrior :)

Sassy choose "new life" Go see the others!

Sassy... Sassy's EYEKaren... Outpost MâvarinCarly... Ellipsis...Suddenly CarlyJulie... Julie's Web JournalErika... Photographs Of My SoulSara... Animated SeasonsKimberleigh... I Shaved My Legs For This?Pat... Here, There and Everywhere 2nd Editionand Here,There, and EverywhereValorie... Keeping Our Human Mother On Her Toesand Retrospect USAPatrick... Patrick's PortfolioDerek... Derek's Picture Of The Dayand Through My EyesTess... First Digital Photos Phinney... ParagonCeleste... My Day And Thoughtsand My Day, My ThoughtsJessica... QuickSilver DreamsSteven... (sometimes)photoblog

8 comments:

Carly said...

oh my! Look at those beautiful eyes. I love babies...everything about babies. Wonderful entry darlin, and what a sweet lil baby!

Anonymous said...

He has given you the lease but you helped give him the gift! Congratulations on that baby!
Tess

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Great shot of a cute little one - and quite an inspirational entry. - Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cutie!

DEREK said...

he's a blessing to you I know, he's such a little cutie.

TJ said...

I want to kiss those lips...
and that little grin looks as if maybe he has something on his mind...aww so precious.

Patrick said...

A beautiful image and a beautiful sentiment behind it. Keep fighting!!

Celeste said...

He is beautiful! I am glad that you have defied the doctors. He hears your voice and can feel all your love.
Celeste
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/Mydayandthoughts