My buddy giggles at http://happytiler.blogspot.com/ has tagged me for a meme. I don't remember who dislikes doing them and who doesn't mind so I will invite everyone to join in. Let me know if you do it because I love reading them. ;)
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was a single mom of two girls and my oldest was getting ready to enter high school. I took a leap of faith and bought my first home. I moved to the country to get out of the city and find us a better life. I didn't know a soul but we made it work. Both girls are still there and have yet to forgive me for moving to the mountains.
2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?- Clean green pollen dust that covers everything inside and out!
- Spend Best Buy coupons before May 30th or I'll be waisting over $100.
- Buy my youngest her 23rd birthday gift.
- Help Nikki with her "new house" separation anxiety issues. Doggie Prozac and training for us in a 30 day program by our new vet. If we pass she will be weened off the pills.
- Finish the books I bought. "Ascent from Darkness" and "The Pact."
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy? (In no specific order)
- Chips and salsa
- Starbucks frappachinos in the 4 packs
- My own trail mix of unsalted almonds, cashews, banana chips, yogurt covered raisins and dried cranberries.
-Bagels with fruit cream cheese but I first grill the top with butter.
-Hot artichoke dip with fresh sourdough bread.
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
Pay off my house so Dave could retire, hire a caregiver that is a good chef, help Pam with her caregiving needs and start a camp for kids with family members who have chronic illnesses.
5. Name some places where you've lived.
California has always been my home. Hayward, Union city, Sunol, Fremont, Livermore, Tuolumne and Pollock Pines are my cities.
6. Name some bad habits you have.
-Hard to forgive people who continually give me grief and there are a few.
-I can swear like a sailor
-You can read my face and the tone in my voice even though I think your oblivious as to how I'm really feeling.
-I can be negative and cynical about our countries choices and intolerance.
7. Name some jobs you've had.
-Waitress (my favorite!) in high school.
-Passenger agent for an airline in college.
-Accounting for a small business while having babies.
-Sales assistant in office supplies while struggling in my 1st marriage.
-Account Manager, keeping Apple Computer well stocked in office supplies as a single mom.
-Retired stay at home mom from Jr high until they flew the coup. (Hardest job by far!)
8. Name those whom you are tagging.
This is a way to get to know each other so give it a try. ;)