Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Meme Just for Giggles

My buddy giggles at http://happytiler.blogspot.com/ has tagged me for a meme. I don't remember who dislikes doing them and who doesn't mind so I will invite everyone to join in. Let me know if you do it because I love reading them. ;)

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was a single mom of two girls and my oldest was getting ready to enter high school. I took a leap of faith and bought my first home. I moved to the country to get out of the city and find us a better life. I didn't know a soul but we made it work. Both girls are still there and have yet to forgive me for moving to the mountains.

2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?

- Clean green pollen dust that covers everything inside and out!

- Spend Best Buy coupons before May 30th or I'll be waisting over $100.

- Buy my youngest her 23rd birthday gift.

- Help Nikki with her "new house" separation anxiety issues. Doggie Prozac and training for us in a 30 day program by our new vet. If we pass she will be weened off the pills.

- Finish the books I bought. "Ascent from Darkness" and "The Pact."

3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy? (In no specific order)

- Chips and salsa

- Starbucks frappachinos in the 4 packs

- My own trail mix of unsalted almonds, cashews, banana chips, yogurt covered raisins and dried cranberries.

-Bagels with fruit cream cheese but I first grill the top with butter.

-Hot artichoke dip with fresh sourdough bread.

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.

Pay off my house so Dave could retire, hire a caregiver that is a good chef, help Pam with her caregiving needs and start a camp for kids with family members who have chronic illnesses.

5. Name some places where you've lived.

California has always been my home. Hayward, Union city, Sunol, Fremont, Livermore, Tuolumne and Pollock Pines are my cities.

6. Name some bad habits you have.

-Hard to forgive people who continually give me grief and there are a few.

-Procrastination

-I can swear like a sailor

-You can read my face and the tone in my voice even though I think your oblivious as to how I'm really feeling.

-I can be negative and cynical about our countries choices and intolerance.

7. Name some jobs you've had.
-Waitress (my favorite!) in high school.

-Passenger agent for an airline in college.

-Accounting for a small business while having babies.

-Sales assistant in office supplies while struggling in my 1st marriage.

-Account Manager, keeping Apple Computer well stocked in office supplies as a single mom.

-Retired stay at home mom from Jr high until they flew the coup. (Hardest job by far!)

8. Name those whom you are tagging.

This is a way to get to know each other so give it a try. ;)


12 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Double dog dare or not, I'm not taking you up on it. Isn't giggles the best! I think so too.

Giggles said...

Awe poor Nikki...I miss having one, but boy they can be a lot of work. You just love them to bits though! Thank you so much for doing this! Is it really cynical? Because you don't seem cynical. Or is it more choosing to take yourself back and surround yourself in less energy draining drama? I loved reading these. Do you make your artichoke dip, because I have a simple and tasty recipe, everyone loves!

Thanks for doing the meme! I enjoyed it too!
Hugs SHerrie

daisies said...

tee hee ... i can swear like a sailor too ... this was a fun read :)

JP/deb said...

I loved reading your answers! Also enjoying your slide show on your sidebar - the home looks beautiful & I cannot believe Dave's ingenious pool solution!! Sending you peace & love, xx, JP/deb

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Fun meme! I always enjoy what you write.

Are you sore? And still soaring? I went swimming this morning. I think it helps, and I am going to try to keep it up. (I told my pool therapist all about you and your new pool...!)

Tinker said...

The flowers in the photo are beautiful.
I'm not sure if it's the same Fremont, but we went camping a couple of times in Fremont State Park - it was so cool up there - you could see so many stars...
Your homemade trail mix sounds delish - and I love artichoke dip - mmm, I'm hungry now :)

GreenishLady said...

Hi Tammy, I did something similar lately, but don't seem to remember snacks featuring. I love the idea of artichoke dip, though I never make it.

Hope Nikki settles soon. Poor Trixie suffered even when I just changed things around in the house, but moving would have been really hard for her, I'm sure.

rebecca said...

oh, how i loved reading your meme! and i loved your #6 -- all of them, especially that you can swear like a sailor! oh you little devil...such an innocent face and yet....oh, we would be such great, great friends!

Geraldine said...

A very interesting list Tammy, thanks for sharing. I'm guessing you are one terrific mom!

Your cat is gorgeous btw. Reminds me of our dear (late) Little Lois. What a scrapper she was.

Huggs, take care, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Becca said...

This was so fun to read :) I've been tagged for this one too, but haven't done it yet.

All your favorite snacks sound just like mine! Yum-0!

And poor Nikki! I hope she gets used to the new house soon. They are such creatures of habit, aren't they?

Lippy said...

I like how well-rounded you are. Boy you've done a lot, and a nice mix of things.

i can swear like a sailor too. But we'd probably better not have a contest :)

So if I cook some really good meals you might hire me??? Believe me, it'd be a better gig than the one I have now.

Good to see ya

Andi said...

I took you up on this "tag." :-)