Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Sacrifice


I am grateful for the sacrifice Dave has made by choosing to marry me despite my prognosis. Having retirement stripped away by the housing market and having to get another job as a custodian. Sacrificing fishing and gardening to cook, do laundry and grocery shop on his weekends. Hustling me to doctor appointments in between everything else. That is sacrificial love.

I am grateful for the sacrifices of our armed forces, police forces, firemen, paramedics and border patrols. They sacrifice their lives to keep our country safe. That is sacrificial love.

I have chosen to go down a long and tough road with a full heart for my family and friends. I will never give up because God has remained by my side. His sacrifice is one I will never take for granted. He is my definition of sacrificial love.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL EASTER

14 comments:

Eileen said...

We all sacrifice for those we love. It is a sacrifice of joy and those who do not compromise their lives in some way or do not make a sacrifice are all alone in this world...so sad.

Denise said...

So precious, bless you.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

well said. Happy Easter to you and your family.

i said...

A lovely post. Blessings to you and your husband. Have a blessed Easter!

Sky said...

i understand the feelings you have about dave. i am blessed in the same way.

happy easter to you and dave, too! i hope we all have warm, spring weather!

Nana said...

Hey Tammy, you seem to be a winner! I hope I find a husband as devoted as yours! Happy easter!

Kay Cooke said...

Lovely! Have a Happy and Blessed Easter my dear friend.

LAURIE said...

What a beautiful TT post! It blesses me so to see such a grateful heart as yours, giving praise and thanks even in the midst of sickness. Praise God that He cares and watches over each of us. I am thankful to hear that He has sent you such a loving, caring and devoted husband. Happy Easter to you and yours! -Laurie

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

You, too, dear friend! Easter is my favorite time of celebrating. It is what life is all about! Love you....

Rebekah said...

Because of Easter, we all can have hope. And you embody hope. Thank you for your unending example of faith and grace, no matter what your days hold. And Dave is absolutely a shining example of God showing himself here on earth. God bless you both during this precious season.

Mary Timme said...

Jesus is my hero and so are you!

emmapeelDallas said...

Happy Easter, Tammy! You always inspire me to try to do better.

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I am thankful for knowing you. You are one special and amazing person. I'm thankful that you and Dave found each other, he is so blessed to have you.

Have a very Happy Easter!
XXXXXXX

tinker said...

That guy of yours, is really something, Tammy - and so are you!
xo