Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Scribblings - "Toys"

I just ordered my early birthday gift, a 4.3lb 14" laptop. This is not a need it's a total want. I have a desktop at the back of the house where it gets stuffy during the summer months. I also have a semi mobile computer in my den to help me when I can no longer type or talk. I'm currently banking my voice on it for when needed. It works by simply blinking my eye's. This new laptop is so I can sit in the garden, TV room or travel and not miss a beat.

Being disabled and living up in the mountains has given me a lot of time on my hands. From 10am to 6pm I am blogging, emailing or playing with my new passion, Facebook. I use my computer's for my journal, social/creative outlets, preparation for my illness and as toys. With my new toy I can do that anywhere. Technology has changed my quality of life and makes me feel less isolated. Here's to toys...cheers!


P.S. I promised Dave that I will cut my computer hours this summer for pool workouts. Some concessions must be made. ;)

17 comments:

George S Batty said...

Your courage continues to amaze me. "woe is me" is not in your system. If by some act of fate I should be challenged, I pray that I have half the courage you have.

Wendy said...

I'm amazed at the role technology plays in living with disabilities. I'm glad toys are helping you make the most of each day on what sounds like a mountain oasis.

Tabor said...

I lift a glass of wine to toys and how they make my girlfriends life so much easier. Here's to you kiddo!

2cats said...

I am so happy that technology has made it possible for you to have toys that will improve your quality of life.
Thanks for sharing.

anno said...

Fabulous news! So glad you'll have this wonderful new toy (tool!) in your life.

gautami tripathy said...

Hope you love you new toy as much as you love your desktop!

I too am thinking of getting a laptop!

wrath of nature

Forgetfulone said...

I have a feeling you're going to LOVE your new toy! I'm so happy you're getting it, not just because you need it, but because you want it, and you deserve it.

anthonynorth said...

That's definitely a worthwhile toy.

paisley said...

sounds like a very worth while addition tammy.. and dave is a doll for making the possibility available to you..

Mary Timme said...

Sometimes the things we want are super important!

Tumblewords: said...

wonderful!! I just returned to the indoors after having spent a couple of hours in the shady part of the yard observing the summer day, writing and commenting. Love the extension of 'desktopping'. Nice!!

turquoise cro said...

I wish I could jump in that pool with YOU Tammy!!! I just got 3 bathing suits for $5.00 each at Old Navy!!! I'm soOOOOOO GLAD YOU have your toys!

kj said...

tammy, you will LOVE your laptop. i'd be lost without mine. and as for facebook---how funny and nice to see you there.

xo
kj

Tinker said...

I hope you get that new toy!
And that you had a happy 4th of July~xo

Tinker said...

I hope you get that new toy soon!
And that you had a happy 4th of July~xo

Tinker said...

Sorry about the reruns - the cat keeps walking across the keyboard, lol

Sky said...

nothing like toys to get us all through! without these computer toys we would have never met so many of our new friends. i am so appreciative for the opportunities the toys give - exciting, new friends, fabulous resources, quick learning, easy shopping, daily updates, immediate news bulletins, and creative writing. what gifts, indeed!