Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Favorites

This is a digital art piece done by my friend Pam. She took our latest backyard snow fall and combined it with my B&W SPC . It's amazing to me how the two images reflect my trepidation in leaving my first home. She is an amazing artist, writer and friend. We share every aspect of our lives, almost on a daily basis and have a bond so strong it surprises even us. We are family! Pam and I will probably never meet because we live on opposite ends of the country, but I'm so grateful for the Internet in connecting us. I do pray that one day I can hug her in person, but we both share in the battle against ALS making it harder with time. We understand how it feels to have ALS like no one else can, even our families. We share similar history and speak the same language. Pam can no longer use her pastels and pencils, but she has kept her passion for the environment through digital art and writing. I am so proud to have this mighty warrior as my friend. I love you, Spike.
http://capeandtights.blogspot.com/index.html

For Photo Thursday we were asked to take a picture of something we treasure in our home for Create A Connection hosted by Swampgirl. I chose this picture of Nikki trying to find a place to pee so she can return home.

17 comments:

TravelingMermaid said...

Such a beautiful image your friend created...it's quite haunting.
Love your little Nikki! I need a new little doggie in my life. My litte poodle died while we were evacuated after Katrina. I miss her so much.

My camera is being repaired and I am so lost without it! Can't wait to get it back so I can participate!

Anonymous said...

Oh, darn...meant to comment under the other blog name.

Becca said...

That digital photo is so striking -you're right, she captured a very wary look that didn't show up quite so much in the original photo.

Love the puppy dog photo! My little ones have trouble in the deep snow too!

kj said...

tammy, i hope you don't mind, but i encourage you to meet pam in person if at all possible. i think it would be worth whatever time and expense and required planning, because i can tell you neither of you would be disappointed. i am wishing this for you both!

paris parfait said...

It's a wonderful image, Tammy! As for leaving your home, I think once you get settled into your new one, you'll wonder why you were so anxious. How fabulous that you and Pam have such a special bond. The photo of Nikki is precious. Bonne weekend! xo

Tinker said...

That's such a lovely image your friend created - and how wonderful that the Internet has brought you two together to form such a strong friendship. It really can be a magical tool, can't it?

Your little Nikki is too cute for words - even when she's creating yellow snow :-)

I can imagine how scary that must feel to move to a new home - just thinking about it kinda scares me -but sometimes change is good, too. I hope the move to your dream
home, is everything you and Dave dreamed it would be - and more!
((hugs))

Lippy said...

In this day and age, seems the Internet has a reputation for evil and danger. It's nice to read, now and then, of one of the benefits that I'm sure the Web's creators envisioned.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that picture and it captures your feelings so well. You are so lucky to have met someone you relate to so well. She is very talented.

Hugs,
Jolene

Waspgoddess said...

The image of you and the snowfall is stunning. You should really have it mounted.

Reading about the bond you and Pam have makes me realise yet again how incredible the internet is in many ways.

The photo of little Nikki is adorable, her expression is priceless

Pam said...

I love you, too, you have changed my life in so many wonderful ways. You are strong, warm and kind, funny, and a very dear and cherished friend. We may be a continent apart but you are here with me every day.
Thank you.

Janet said...

oh, she is so adorable!!!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Great picture, both of you! Together you make a Dynamic Duo! (Like Batman and Robin).

Nikki looks nice and warm in her pretty red sweater.

Rachel said...

such a surreal and beautiful picture of you honey.

daisies said...

that is so beautiful and i really hope you and pam get to meet some day :) it will be wonderful experience!

Jana B said...

That pic is amazing! Your friend has some amazing talent.

I also love the doggie!!!!! Is Nikki a Malteese?

Annie Jeffries said...

Beautiful self-portrait Tammy and sweet, sweet little friend.

turquoise cro said...

Love that self portrait! Pam did a terrific job and look at that sweet Nikki!!! xo,Cinda